Engr. Charles David celebrates his mother on her birthday, honouring a woman who raised 5 boys 1 girl
A Mother’s Strength Through 21 Years of Loss, Love and Sacrifice
Engr. Charles David celebrates his mother on her birthday, honouring a woman who raised six children, held her family together after the loss of her husband, and today enjoys the blessing of 12 grandchildren.
Today is more than another birthday. It is a celebration of strength, sacrifice, motherhood, resilience and an enduring family legacy.
For 21 years since the passing of our father, our mother has carried on with remarkable courage. Losing a husband and continuing the journey of raising five boys and one girl could never have been easy, but Mum stood firm.
She became a source of strength when the family needed strength, a voice of encouragement when things were difficult, and a constant reminder that life could still be approached with gratitude, faith and contentment.
Today, the children she raised have grown, and her family has expanded to include 12 grandchildren —a beautiful testimony to the life, love and sacrifices she invested in her home.
One of the things that has always touched me deeply about Mum is how genuinely happy she becomes simply hearing from her children. A phone call may seem like a small thing to us, but to her, hearing the voices of her children brings real joy. No matter how old we become or how far life takes us, we remain her children.
Her patience is another quality I deeply admire. I sometimes wish I inherited more of it from her. She has an uncommon ability to endure, remain calm and keep moving without allowing circumstances to take away her peace.
And then there is another important title she deserves — my stew mentor! 😂❤️
Whatever expertise I may claim today in making a good pot of stew certainly has its foundations in Mum's kitchen. Some of life's best lessons were never taught in classrooms.
Perhaps one of the greatest qualities I inherited from her is contentment.
Mum has always demonstrated that happiness is not measured only by possessions. She appreciates what she has, makes the best of every situation and remains grateful. On that particular quality, I can proudly say I took 100 per cent after her.
Behind the smiles are years of sacrifice many people may never fully understand — the private tears, the prayers for her children, the difficult decisions, the moments of uncertainty and the determination to keep the family together after losing Dad.
Today, we don't just say Happy Birthday.
We say thank you.
Thank you for raising six children.
Thank you for remaining strong for 21 years after Dad's passing.
Thank you for the prayers.
Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for your contentment.
Thank you for being excited every time your children call.
Thank you for being Mum.
As you celebrate another year, my prayer is that God grants you long life, sound health, peace and happiness. May you live to enjoy the fruits of every sacrifice you made. May you continue to watch your children prosper and your 12 grandchildren grow into men and women who will make you proud.
I love you, Mum — perhaps more than I say often enough.
Happy Birthday to an extraordinary mother, grandmother, strong woman, family pillar and, of course, my stew mentor. ❤️🎂
Signed:
Your Son,
Engr. Charles David
Duke of Jos
President, JOS360
Happy birthday virtuous woman, may the Good Lord continue to bless you and sustain you in abundant grace. We love you all.
ReplyDelete