Skip to main content

OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY ON A RUINED POTENTIAL by Emmanuel Nyabam

Dear Governor Caleb Mutfwang (The People's Governor),

OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY ON A RUINED POTENTIAL 

I write you today with mixed feelings sire. First I celebrate the liberation of our nation and state but I have a deep pain as I know that our state is the basket of hope for the nation. 
I am reminded how the people celebrated the final victory at the court and like most I saw the shackles break off the people. Yes, a few policies have hurt the people but I think we can think through to improve and that is why I write you today with pain in my soul.

I passed the legacy project of the Jang administration ASTC (Agric Service straining Center) farm in Vom and I literally froze and cried in pain as I saw this magnificent dream washed up and dead but needing revival as a source of hope and employment for our people...

A short visit to Lagos and I noted quite a number of green houses in a place where space is a challenge and we have that space that can transform and feed the entire nations with fresh greenery and which can break the seasonal problem of scarcity of certain crops like Tomatoes. I see huge potential and yes this is the home of peace and tourism as such we need a new blue print to maximize that potential. I think we can become a tourist attraction for our greenery and not just our beautiful topography sire.

I also take this opportunity for the signing last week that by the grace of God would remove Plateau state from the drama of fossil fuel and which allows us to take the green revolution on the Plateau to another stage. The first green house maker and the best I dare say in the country is still alive and in Jos. The man is quite aged but we may lose that knowledge should death call today. It's time we catch this one and have him train a new generation of farmers who can catapult Plateau state financially sire.

In Chief Joshua Chibi Dariye time, another from the central zone President Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo a General and father granted us an agricultural International Airport and I think it's time we tap into this and make our path. The few times I have visited Cape town and went visiting a potential school at Stellenbosch I marveled at the grapevine farms that went as far as the eyes can see. It's time we take our place. It's time the spirit of Dikam Peter Makan (RIP) gets to rest as to this day he is being cited by our Federal government but his dreams of the best Irish Potatoes as well as Tomatoes is fast being eroded.

 Sire, all I ask of you is to draw a little attention and revive ASTC and perhaps connect it to the State owned University as a practical center for research and development of agroallied potentials. Education and agriculture will boost our tourist attraction. I have so much to share but this is not the place, time or venue for such. The resources is in our hands sire and I ask that you seek the development of our huge potential through ASTC. I can't be partisan due to my work with orphans but I assure you sire, if we fail to revive this potential we have opened our state for starvation. All we need is in our hands. One farmer in Kano told me that what a farm would produce in Kano which consumed hectares of land a small farm on the Plateau could produce three times that amount. He said give us your land and you will see!

I can't trust that my message will reach you that is why I have sent this open letter to the People's Governor. With elections coming up for the Local Government it's time we rethink our directions and strategy. Thank you for enduring my missive as long as it is to just beg we revive ASTC fast and make it an academic awarding center. God bless His Excellency The Executive Governor of Plateau State, God bless the Good People of Plateau state and God bless Nigeria my home sweet home.

In the service of the Maker,
Emmanuel A. Nyabam 

#GreenRevolution #dripirrigationsystem #clapai #kyenpiyanyabam #emmanuelnyabam #sustainabledevelopment #agriculturelife #agricultureandeducation

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing and we pray it gets to our Governor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read

Drama in Kwalla as Motorcycle is stolen in Police Station. See details 👉👉

A motorcycle was snapped up by an unknown  person(s) in the office of the Nigeria Police Force, Kwalla . The motorcycle, a Jincheng model belonging to one Naanman of Tugunwan Street in Kwalla town of Quaan-Pan LGA was stolen sometimes in November 2021 when the owner went to the police station to report an incident. The Nigeria Police Force Outpost in Kwalla in conjunction with the Quaan-Pan Divisional Headquarters Baap instantly mount strategies to recover the stolen bike and reports have just reached us that the motorbike have been caught today, 5/1/2022 around 12:05pm. The culprit have just been arrested along with the bike and detained in Kwalla police station with his identity yet to be revealed for the sake of security investigation as he denied not stealing the bike but claimed he purchased it from a third party is said to hail from Kwa town of the same LGA. More details.......

2023: Catholics Berate Lalong Over Attempt To Drag Pope Into Politics

August 11, 2022  Concerned Catholics in Nigeria have called for the suspension of Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong for dragging the name of Pope into local politics that has nothing to do with the Church. According to the group, Lalong should be punished for bringing the name of Pope and the Catholic Church to disrepute while giving his reasons for accepting to serve as Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council. Speaking as a press conference in Abuja addressed by National Convener/President, Dr Ben Amodu, said the concerned Catholics in Nigeria are alarmed that Lalong would elect to throw caution into the wind by dragging the revered Catholic Church into local politics in Nigeria for whatever it is worth. “The reference to the Pope in his statement for accepting to serve as the Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council was made in poor taste and a puerile attempt to drag the Catholic Church into a matter that has no bearing with the