Skip to main content

MY TECH JOURNEY ... DUKE OF JOS

My tech journey started 14 years ago when I attended the Microsoft Train the Trainers program on Windows. It was a significant milestone for me, and I can vividly recall my first lecture at Apapa, Lagos. Back then, I was naive and unsure of what to expect, but I was determined to deliver the best lecture I could.

During that time, I had the support of Google observers who provided valuable insights and guidance. Their presence helped me gain confidence and reinforced my passion for technology and teaching. With their assistance, I successfully completed my first lecture and embarked on a journey that would shape my career.

Since then, I have dedicated myself to continuous learning and expanding my knowledge in the field of information and communication technology (ICT). Over the years, I have earned more than 10 ICT certificates, each representing a new skill or expertise I have acquired. These certificates have enabled me to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in technology and strengthen my abilities as an ICT professional.

One notable achievement in my journey is being recognized as a digital ambassador and receiving the AU Agenda 2063 Digital Ambassador badge. This prestigious honor signifies my commitment to leveraging technology to drive positive change, particularly within the African Union's vision for the year 2063. As a digital ambassador, I actively promote digital inclusion, innovation, and sustainable development across the African continent.

Now, reflecting on my journey, I proudly introduce myself as Charles David Lapmoen, the Duke of Jos. Through years of dedication, perseverance, and a genuine passion for technology, I have transformed from a novice trainer into a seasoned professional with a wealth of experience in the ICT field.

I look forward to the future and the countless opportunities it holds for me to make a meaningful impact in the tech industry. My journey continues, and I am eager to embrace new challenges, acquire additional skills, and contribute to the growth and development of technology in my community, my country, and beyond.

Comments

  1. Your Tech journey narration reminds me of Andre Onana's (Cameroun & Inter Milan goalkeeper) words:
    "We have shown that in life nothing is impossible, no matter how difficult it may seem that it is always worth fighting, and that the only battle that is lost is the one that is abandoned."
    More power to your elbow as you break new grounds!
    ObaSam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read

Drama in Kwalla as Motorcycle is stolen in Police Station. See details 👉👉

A motorcycle was snapped up by an unknown  person(s) in the office of the Nigeria Police Force, Kwalla . The motorcycle, a Jincheng model belonging to one Naanman of Tugunwan Street in Kwalla town of Quaan-Pan LGA was stolen sometimes in November 2021 when the owner went to the police station to report an incident. The Nigeria Police Force Outpost in Kwalla in conjunction with the Quaan-Pan Divisional Headquarters Baap instantly mount strategies to recover the stolen bike and reports have just reached us that the motorbike have been caught today, 5/1/2022 around 12:05pm. The culprit have just been arrested along with the bike and detained in Kwalla police station with his identity yet to be revealed for the sake of security investigation as he denied not stealing the bike but claimed he purchased it from a third party is said to hail from Kwa town of the same LGA. More details.......

2023: Catholics Berate Lalong Over Attempt To Drag Pope Into Politics

August 11, 2022  Concerned Catholics in Nigeria have called for the suspension of Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong for dragging the name of Pope into local politics that has nothing to do with the Church. According to the group, Lalong should be punished for bringing the name of Pope and the Catholic Church to disrepute while giving his reasons for accepting to serve as Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council. Speaking as a press conference in Abuja addressed by National Convener/President, Dr Ben Amodu, said the concerned Catholics in Nigeria are alarmed that Lalong would elect to throw caution into the wind by dragging the revered Catholic Church into local politics in Nigeria for whatever it is worth. “The reference to the Pope in his statement for accepting to serve as the Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council was made in poor taste and a puerile attempt to drag the Catholic Church into a matter that has no bearing with the