Skip to main content

I’m not afraid to die – Benue governor, Samuel Ortom



Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has said he is no more afraid to die and that even if he dies now, his family will have no cause to fight over his property because he has already written his will.

The governor warned that prominent Nigerians who have been keeping quiet about the state of insecurity in the country should change their ways as it isn't in the best interest of the country.
He told Sunnewsonline;

This is a very sad thing. I feel so sad when I try to make public what is happening in Benue State and people castigate me and insult me.

But I remain committed to serving my people. And of course, I was not elected to preside over IDPs and dead people. And if something is beyond me, at least, I can raise alarm for others to come and help me to solve this problem.
The problem of insecurity in Nigeria today is man made. The present Federal Government is responsible because I took proactive steps right from 2016 when I came in and I saw this coming. And today I am warning Nigerians, those who are sitting in their comfort zones, I want them to understand. Last week, one of my colleagues in the North East raised an alarm that ISWAP has taken over part of his state and they are gradually coming in. They are deadly and they have the capacity to overrun this country based on what he saw. And I agree with him that if we don’t take time, it will happen. Like I raised alarm earlier about the challenges we have that if we don’t take time, one day, what happened in Afghanistan, God forbid, will happen in Nigeria.
Me, I’m not afraid of anybody. If I die now, my family will not be fighting because of what I have. I have stated what I want

And those people who are keeping quiet about what is happening in Nigeria, I want to tell them that they have children. Yes, because silence is consent. So, Nigerians must resist the evil that is happening.

Comments

Most Read

Drama in Kwalla as Motorcycle is stolen in Police Station. See details 👉👉

A motorcycle was snapped up by an unknown  person(s) in the office of the Nigeria Police Force, Kwalla . The motorcycle, a Jincheng model belonging to one Naanman of Tugunwan Street in Kwalla town of Quaan-Pan LGA was stolen sometimes in November 2021 when the owner went to the police station to report an incident. The Nigeria Police Force Outpost in Kwalla in conjunction with the Quaan-Pan Divisional Headquarters Baap instantly mount strategies to recover the stolen bike and reports have just reached us that the motorbike have been caught today, 5/1/2022 around 12:05pm. The culprit have just been arrested along with the bike and detained in Kwalla police station with his identity yet to be revealed for the sake of security investigation as he denied not stealing the bike but claimed he purchased it from a third party is said to hail from Kwa town of the same LGA. More details.......

2023: Catholics Berate Lalong Over Attempt To Drag Pope Into Politics

August 11, 2022  Concerned Catholics in Nigeria have called for the suspension of Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong for dragging the name of Pope into local politics that has nothing to do with the Church. According to the group, Lalong should be punished for bringing the name of Pope and the Catholic Church to disrepute while giving his reasons for accepting to serve as Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council. Speaking as a press conference in Abuja addressed by National Convener/President, Dr Ben Amodu, said the concerned Catholics in Nigeria are alarmed that Lalong would elect to throw caution into the wind by dragging the revered Catholic Church into local politics in Nigeria for whatever it is worth. “The reference to the Pope in his statement for accepting to serve as the Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council was made in poor taste and a puerile attempt to drag the Catholic Church into a matter that has no bearing with the